We’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to new bloggers by bloggers to show appreciation to one another. It acts as a chain which allows for discovering new and upcoming blogs. “Liebster” is a German word meaning “dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest”… so being nominated for this award really makes us feel special! Thank you to Caren and Cazzie from Always a Foreigner who nominated us! Check out their blog and instagram; they met in India while volunteering and have been traveling together ever since!
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award and choose to accept it, write a blog post in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog.
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo.
- Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 3000 followers.
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees.
- List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here).
- Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award!
Our answers to Always a Foreigner‘s questions
How do you stay organized while traveling? Everything has its own suitcase/box. A suitcase of clothing for each of us, a box for the dogs’ things, a box for kitchen supplies, an emergency bag (detailed blog post about this coming soon!), and our cameras.
What’s your favorite method of travel (overland, flying, trains, etc) and why? We are enjoying our travels by car. This gives us freedom with timing, what we pack, and makes it easy to bring our dogs. We are also able to map out our journey with stops along the way, so we don’t miss out on all the cool sights while traveling from A to B.
What is your favorite place you’ve been for food? DEFINITELY Lebanon. The food there is out of this world! Not just the Lebanese food, but also their sushi and seafood, French cuisine, and even their hamburgers are to die for.
Do you prefer tours or traveling on your own? Tell us about your favorite tour you’ve ever been on. We prefer traveling on our own. We enjoy doing our own research and being able to go to specific places. Being part of a group tour is not our thing.
Winter or summer? Spring!
Where was the first place you traveled to and when? Maldives back in November of 2013.
Is there anywhere you’ve been that you refuse to go back to for any reason? There is no where that we refuse to go back to. We leave a little part of us in every stop. Each and every place we have traveled to has molded us into who we are today.
On the flip side, what’s the one place you’re dying to get back to? Mykonos, Greece.
What do you do when you’re bored while traveling? Natalie: Reading and watching movies. And of course, reruns of Friends. Sam: I like to listen to music while playing Tetris.
What are your favorite MUST HAVE travel items? Natalie: iPhone (and charger!), hand sanitizer, chocolate stash, and the world’s most comfortable clothing article: LuluLemon high wasted yoga pants. Sam: Drone, gimbal, and iPhone. And my sunglasses!
Questions for our nominees
- What’s been your scariest moment?
- What’s the best piece of travel advice you’ve received?
- What’s the worst piece of travel advice you’ve received?
- How does your family feel about your trips?
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learnt?
- Do you send postcards?
- What destination have you found to be overrated?
- Does the change in diet make you feel better or worse?
- Is there anything you wish you had done before you left home?
- Do you think you’ll stay friends with the people you’ve met?
Thanks for reading!! We hope you enjoyed this special post! Don’t forget to check out our nominees’ blogs to see their answers to our questions.
-Nat & Sam
2 Replies to “We’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!”
Hey, this was good fun, thanks for getting me involved!
This is So awesome. Congratulations! This blog definitely deserves it. Love the pictures.